DMG RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP forums for duel monsters genesis. keep up with the news here

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Custom Character RP Rules

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fistodragon
Administrator
Administrator
fistodragon

Custom Character RP Rules Empty
PostSubject: Custom Character RP Rules   Custom Character RP Rules EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 5:02 pm

Whenever you're making a RP deck, it's to give your character a more real feeling to the show.

Rules:
-Dueling Rules:
1. No cheating.
2. If you are going to watch the duel, and you know how the two people duel, do not start sending each other messages to help your friend. It is unfair, and I don't want cheating.
3. If you are going to watch the duels, I don't want any negative comments. (Non-Roleplay talk will be used with brackets)
4. No meta decks, god cards, etc.
5. No Pendulum and XYZ Monsters.
6. 40 card maximum.
7. 8,000 lifepoints
8. YOU MUST BUILD YOUR DECK AROUND YOUR CHARACTER'S PERSONALITY. If you are heroic, you would typically have Warrior-themed cards.
9. Try to limit yourself to 1 card of each. If you want to use a 2 of a certain card or 3 of, consult me first.

-Roleplay Rules
1. Be active
2. No foul language
3. Romances are allowed, but I don't see how they can be done when dueling. If you can make it work, please feel free to do it.
4. Follow the standards you set for your character. If you are shy, don't throw yourself out their to duel non-stop.
5. Common Sense
6. If you are going to be inactive for longer than two days, notify me please. Otherwise, I may have to kick you to make room... Even though I doubt I will have slots.
7. Show respect to everyone
8. Do not join this Rp, and then not post, or only post for a day. I will DQ you if you do, that is just annoying, and gets everyone's hopes up for nothing.

Note: These rules can be updated or changed at any time. We will notify you if they do

Last edited by fistodragon on Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://duelmongenrp.forumotion.com
Peps - OG

PostSubject: Re: Custom Character RP Rules   Custom Character RP Rules EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 11:40 am

Do you like Role Playing? Character dueling? Tired of "meta decks"? If you were a character in the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime, what type of duelist would you be?

[size=150]Introducing, P.R.P (Personal Role Play)!

A style of dueling that allows you to create and duel using decks that resemble everything the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime stands for.
[/size]

Making a Deck.

• Choose an Ace Monster.
    Your Ace Monster is the mascot of your deck, and likewise, your deck should ultimately revolve around it. Be proud of your Ace Monster, as it represents you and your deck as a whole. (Any Monster that does not abide the rules below cannot be chosen as an Ace Monster)

• Only 1 copy of each card is allowed in the Main Deck and Extra Deck.
    Exceptions include:

-Normal Monsters
      -Cards that absolutely require copies (ie. Hyena).
      -Cards that are absolutely critical to the function of the deck (ie. Harpie Lady).
      -Cards that can directly interact with itself, in the event that there are copies (ie. Toon Table of Contents).
      -Any personal exception that I allow. If you request for an exception, bring it up with me.

• Only 1 Limited/Semi-Limited card is allowed in the Main Deck, and 1 in the Extra Deck.

• All cards in the game are free to use.
    Exceptions include:

-Cards that are known to be exclusive to a particular character in the anime. This includes cards that were "created" by that duelist, or cards that are absolutely known to be the only copy in existence. (ie. "Signer Dragons", "Neo Spacians", Stargazer/Timegazer Magician, "Number" Xyz Monsters)

-Ace Monsters of lead protagonists, or archetypes of already established characters. This does not include archetypes that existed in reality before they were used by characters in the anime. (ie. X-Saber, Gem-Knights)

• Your Extra Deck.
    All cards in your Extra Deck must tie in directly with the theme or strategy of your deck. You cannot have monsters in your Extra Deck that are part of an archetype that isn't yours. In other words, don't bother stuffing Extra Deck monsters just to reach 15.

• Edits and updates to your P.R.P Deck is completely allowed at any time, so long as it still abides the guidelines.

• Be creative.
    Whether you're building your deck or dueling, always stay creative. It's not necessary to focus entirely on overpowering your opponent while you're choosing cards for your deck. This dueling style is aimed at anyone that has ever admired the atmosphere of the duels from the anime. Feel free to go the extra mile that an RP insists.

Dueling in a P.R.P.

• P.R.P Duels/Matches are held with each player starting at 4000 LP. All other standard gameplay rules are the same.

All factors of this guideline are subject to change.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're willing to give this dueling style a try, go for it!
I'm free to test your decks against me at any time I'm online. I'm also accepting any questions or concerns.

These are Amber's rules, why are we not using that ?
Back to top Go down
fistodragon
Administrator
Administrator
fistodragon

PostSubject: Re: Custom Character RP Rules   Custom Character RP Rules EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 1:18 pm

Our rules are vaguely similar but i disagree with some of the ones mentioned by Amber.
Back to top Go down
JemGryphonkin

JemGryphonkin

PostSubject: Re: Custom Character RP Rules   Custom Character RP Rules EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 10:34 pm

40 card deck limit is silly. I personally refuse to use less than 45 cards in almost all situations.

Back to top Go down
Aki Izayoi
RP Storyteller
RP Storyteller
Aki Izayoi

PostSubject: Re: Custom Character RP Rules   Custom Character RP Rules EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 am

Oh I can make any duel turn into a romantic duel. xD
Back to top Go down
JemGryphonkin

JemGryphonkin

PostSubject: Re: Custom Character RP Rules   Custom Character RP Rules EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 9:00 am

Gross Wink
Back to top Go down
Aki Izayoi
RP Storyteller
RP Storyteller
Aki Izayoi

PostSubject: Re: Custom Character RP Rules   Custom Character RP Rules EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 1:18 am

Not gross if both sides like it Cool
Back to top Go down
fistodragon
Administrator
Administrator
fistodragon

PostSubject: Re: Custom Character RP Rules   Custom Character RP Rules EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 4:44 pm

JemGryphonkin wrote:
40 card deck limit is silly.  I personally refuse to use less than 45 cards in almost all situations.

Oh, i forgot to change that. 40 is recommended but higher than 40 is fine.
Back to top Go down
Machturbo
Forum Assistant Moderator
Forum Assistant Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Custom Character RP Rules   Custom Character RP Rules EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 3:50 am

You should clear up the rules on the limited/semi-limited. (Check my post in the Banlist thing.)

I'd allow 1 significant card of each draw cards, generic removal (Probably shouldn't run Storm and Dark Hole), and revival card. Obviously the card that has more restrictions, is the better pick with balancing.

Any "you can't play YGO" cards should not be allowed. Period. (Shit like Towers/Crystal Wing/etc.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Character RP Rules   Custom Character RP Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom Character RP Rules
Page 1 of 1